Photovoltaic-guided charging for NRGkick
Permanently expands NRGkick charging unit with the Smart Service “Photovoltaic-guided charging”.
Scope of delivery and features
- Activates permanent license to use “photovoltaic-guided charging” function of NRGkick charging unit
- Apart from NRGkick charging unit, no additional hardware is required
Configuration of the function via free NRGkick app (available for iOS and Android)
- Intelligent charging strategies (surplus charging, 100% sun charging,…) selectable
- Allows automatic phase switching (NRGkick charges 1/2/3-phase depending on available power)
- Maximum optimized PV charging thanks to stepless charging current adjustment in 0.1 amp increments and a variety of options to adapt to your own conditions
- Enables NRGkick charging unit to communicate with inverters, batteries, smart meters and smart loads
- Many brands already natively integrated (SMA, Fronius, SolarEdge, Kostal, Huawei), complete overview at https://www.nrgkick.com/pv-laden/
- Allows additionally the integration of any not natively integrated brands via Custom API
- No installation, upgradeable at any time
NRGkick is the perfect charging solution to charge your e-car with electricity from your photovoltaic system! Apart from the NRGkick charging unit itself, no additional hardware with tedious and expensive installation is required. Even if you already have NRGkick, the function can be upgraded at any time.
Large number of natively integrated brands – integration of all other brands possible thanks to Custom API
Natively integrated are inverters, battery storage, smart meters and smart loads of the brands SMA, Fronius, SolarEdge, Kostal and MyPV – more will be added continuously. Additionally, NRGkick also offers the possibility to add devices of any other brands yourself via a Custom JSON API!
Easy setup in a few minutes
Thanks to the free NRGkick app for iOS and Android, setting up PV-guided charging is as easy as can be. The configuration of the feature is done directly in the app and takes only a few minutes.
Perfect charging strategies for optimal use of your solar power!
Choose between surplus charging or charging with 100% sun and configure your selected strategy individually. For example, grid-supported charging or pausing can be used when PV output is too low. Home batteries, smart loads and other consumers can be considered and prioritized.
Precise 0.1-amp control prevents unwanted grid draw and injection
Many PV controllers and charging solutions are too inaccurate because they can only specify the charging current in 1-amp increments – leading to unwanted grid draw or feed-in. NRGkick solves this problem: it is able to adjust the charging current in 0.1-amp increments, ensuring the best possible use of the PV power generated.
Automatic phase switching & manual selection of the number of phases
When PV yield is low, you face a problem: With three-phase power and the minimum charging current for e-cars of six amps, at least 4.1 kW of available PV power is needed to provide surplus charging.
The solution is provided by the NRGkick’s automatic phase switching, which enables 1-, 2- and 3-phase charging. For example, if there is too little PV power available for 3-phase charging, it simply continues charging 2-phase or 1-phase, fully automatically! In addition, it is even possible to manually specify in the app with how many phases NRGkick should charge.
To activate the PV-guided charging function on an existing NRGkick, its serial number is required. Please provide us with this when placing your order using the “Order notes (optional)” field under “Checkout”.
The function will be unlocked within 24 hours (business day) after purchase on your NRGkick.
No return possible.
Manufacturer article number: 30001002
Item number: NRG0045